Hello,
     As we discussed on the list, here are RFC patches that allow
both qemu monitor passthrough and the ability to specify extra
arguments to be passed on the qemu command-line.  I've specifically
not done the more complicated regex command-line editing for now,
since we don't have consensus on it.
     There are a few outstanding issues with these patches:

1)  Should we have a separate structure for the per-driver qemuMonitorCommand
entry point?

2)  Due to the way that virsh parses command-line arguments, it's not
possible to pass it an argument that has spaces (even if you properly
quote it).  Therefore I have a hack in place that will convert ^ to
space before passing it along, which is pretty crappy.  How should we go about
fixing this?  Fix virsh argument parsing, or go about it a different way?

Questions or comments about the patch series are welcome.

Chris Lalancette