On 19-08-2010 15:41, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> +   case VIR_DOMAIN_CHR_TYPE_PIPE:
>> +        /* XXX could open the pipe & just pass the FDs */
> Any reason not to let the code deal with PIPE too ? It seems
> like the code should work equally well for both PIPE & FILE.
> (well drop the O_CREATE|O_APPEND - assume the user has got
> the pipe pre-created with 'mkfifo'.

Not in particular. I was just in a hurry, wanted to share the patch
sooner rather than later and then attack the pipes later on. I'll fix it
up, but perhaps I won't get to it today.

> I think this leaks file descriptors in libvirtd. There's no existing
> code which ever closes the FDs in keepfd after spawning UML later
> on in the function.

True. I somehow thought virExecWhatever took care of that, but I see now
that it doesn't, and I guess that would be troublesome. I'll handle this
in the uml driver.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer