On 03/12/2010, at 4:29 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 12/01/2010 09:08 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> One of the OSX Homebrew guys, CC'd, has asked (casually) whether our
>> dependency on GNU awk is very deeply ingrained, or if we could be convinced
>> to allow usage of other make's instead (ie BSD).
>
> GNU awk, or GNU make?  There's a difference :)

Definitely awk.  Mike was asking because I had "gawk" as a specific dependency
of the libvirt Homebrew
package.  It was needed when I first started the packaging for 0.8.5.

However, just tested the 0.8.6 release now, and it compiles/works ok with the
OSX provided awk.  Gawk not installed.

Looks like good timing of that question on Mike's part, and I'll submit a new
0.8.6 package that doesn't have the gawk dependency.

Thanks Eric. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift