On 02/07/2011 11:55 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 02/04/2011 02:00 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
When the<driver>  element (and its "name" attribute) was added to the
domain XML's interface element, a "backend" enum was simply added to
the toplevel of the virDomainNetDef struct.

This patch changes virDomainNetDef in two ways:
s/two/three/, given:

Sigh. I just noticed this after I pushed. So the comment is out of whack :-/

1) Rename the item in the struct from "backend" to "name", so that
    it's the same in the XML and in the struct, hopefully avoiding
    confusion for someone unfamiliar with the function of the
    attribute.

2) Create a "driver" union within virDomainNetDef, and a "virtio"
    struct in that struct, which contains the "name" enum value.

3) Move around the virDomainNetParse and virDomainNetFormat functions
    to allow for simple plugin of new attributes without disturbing
    existing code. (you'll note that this results in a seemingly
    redundant if() in the format function, but that will no longer be
    the case as soon as a 2nd attribute is added).
...all nice changes.

ACK to this half of the series.

Pushed, now that 0.8.8 is tagged and out.