于 2011年05月12日 18:45, Daniel P. Berrange 写道:
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 06:22:49PM +0800, Osier Yang wrote:
Hi, All

This series adopts Daniel's suggestion on v1, using libnuma but
not invoking numactl to set the NUMA policy. Add support for
"interleave" and "preferred" modes, except the "strict" mode
supported in v1.

The new XML is like:

<numatune>
   <memory model="interleave" nodeset="+0-4,8-12"/>
<numatune>

I persist in using the numactl nodeset syntax to represent
the "nodeset", as I think the purpose of adding NUMA tuning
support is to provide the use for NUMA users, keeping the
syntax same as numactl will make them feel better.

Compatibility with numactl syntax is an explicit non-goal.
numactl is just one platform specific impl.  Compatibility
with numactl syntax is of no interest to the ESX or VirtualBox
drivers. The libvirt NUMA syntax should be using other
existing libvirt XML as the design compatibility target.

Hi, Dan

The syntax is actually not of numactl, but of libnuma, it
provides API numa_parse_nodestring() to parse the syntax,
I'm not sure how ESX/VirtualBox will support numa tuning,
if they will use libnuma, IMHO there is no problem here.

Regards
Osier