On 06/24/2011 03:34 AM, Michal Privoznik wrote:
On 23.06.2011 19:17, Laine Stump wrote:

3) Similarly for macvtap<network>s, will the network-wide bandwidth
limiting be applied to the physical ethernet device? This would have the
side effect of including host traffic on that interface in the bandwidth
totals, but I don't see a way around it.
With this patch as-is, shaping rules are applied only when creating TAP
devices. This mean only network types VIR_DOMAIN_NET_TYPE_NETWORK and
VIR_DOMAIN_NET_TYPE_BRIDGE.

We really need to support VIR_DOMAIN_NET_TYPE_DIRECT (macvtap) as well. It also uses a tap device.

4) Finally on that topic, what about<network>s that have a pool of
physical ethernets to be used macvtap-style? Is there any way we can do
bandwidth limiting on an aggregated collection of network interfaces? Or
will attempts to configure this necessarily result in a "config not
supported" log message?
Huh, I didn't know it is possible to have a pool of devices within one
<network>. So in this case, this patch silently does nothing.

It isn't possible, yet. :-)