Working at the network management, I am a bit confused about the
VLAN model in libvirt.

    in the xml definition, there is a section as following:

  <devices>
    <interface type='network'>
      <source network='default'/>
    </interface>
    <interface type='network'>
      <source network='default' portgroup='engineering'/>
      <target dev='vnet7'/>
      <mac address="00:11:22:33:44:55"/>
      <virtualport type='802.1Qbg'>
        <parameters managerid='11' typeid='1193047' typeidversion='2'
instanceid='09b11c53-8b5c-4eeb-8f00-d84eaa0aaa4f'/>
      </virtualport>

    </interface>
  </devices>

    What is the really meaning of its related parameters of
"virtualport"? I want to discover informations such as VLAN id,
the switch type( software switch or hardware switch), connecting
relationship, but from the xml I can only found "managerid". I am not sure how to map these xml information to those I needed, could I consider managerid as VLAN id, and a portgroup as a specified VLAN group?
    By the way to use virtualport, what components should I install on
Linux?

--
Best Regards

Wayne Xia