On 2011-11-3 18:12, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 05:33:56PM +0800, lvroyce wrote:
Hi all,

    I came across below issue when testing:

    1.make a volume and attach it to  a domain A
    2.unplug the vg from the host in order to emulating a volume failure
    3.start domain A(failed)

     In step 3 can't start domainA . because can't find disk listed
in xml when create the Domain.

     I'm not sure if it is reasonable. In common sense, we can still
start our system even if we have a corrupt data disk .And also ,if
in data center we carelessly attatch a corrupt volumn to all the
guest, it will result in all guests fail to boot .

     I suggest to  automatically detach a disk if it can't be found
and just give out a warning.Please let me know your opinion about if
it is a bug or a feature.Thanks.
You are not simulating a corrupt data disk in your example, you are
simulating a completely missing disk. This is simply administrative
error and thus is it perfectly reasonable for the guest to not
start when its disk is missing.
I think the she was talking about a non-root disk missing. In physical machine, if a non-root disk was gone, the system can also start up without the disk.

Daniel