On 01/18/2012 03:23 PM, Peter Krempa wrote:
I've reworked this patches to use a separate element for storing the
short note. This v2 also contains som new patches, especially added
support for the LXC driver, and optionaly API to get the description.
(See patches marked as optional). These are not required, just add
a helper api to get the description and it's usage in virsh.

I noticed a discussion [1] about adding metadata to domains definition and methods of accessing it.

As these patches can also be considered to deal with metadata and we probably shouldn't add a ton of API's for accessing them we could as well as add an API to support various formats of metadata.

What are your opinions on this? Should we add such a general function (virDomain[Get|Set]Metadata)? Is it a good idea to use the virTypedParam to do this? Is the string support on virTypedParam complete?

Thanks

Peter

P.S.: I'm self-NACKing this patchset until this is settled.

[1]
http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-January/msg00833.html