On 02/01/2012 07:56 PM, Jiri Denemark wrote:
On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 19:49:43 +0530, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
Hi All,
      I am getting this error, while trying to compile latest git src.

./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/usr --enable-compile-warnings=error
running bootstrap...
./bootstrap: Error: 'python-config' not found

./bootstrap: Please install the prerequisite programs
Failed to bootstrap, please investigate.

I am ubuntu, and all packages related to python-config are installed..
as seen by the 'i' below...

aptitude search python-config
python-configglue
- Glues together optparse.OptionParser and ConfigParser.ConfigParser
python-configobj
- simple but powerful config file reader and writer for Python

Can someone help, what i am missing ?
Those are unrelated. The python-config we need is what python-dev (or
similarly called package) should provide.

Jirka

thanks, that worked... the error is indeed misleading.