On 02/13/2012 08:35 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On 02/13/2012 03:15 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:

It should be noted that virtio-scsi has not been merged either in the
Linux kernel or in QEMU yet.

In particular, this patch assumes that we'll introduce a 'virtio-scsi'
alias which I'm planning on objecting strongly too :-)

This patch was taken into libvirt after posting the first non-RFC...

Hopefully this hasn't hit a libvirt release yet.

We just backed it out of 0.9.10. :)

Excellent :-)

For QMP commands, my recommendation is that libvirt wait for a command to appear in qapi-schema.json. Note that we can add commands to qapi-schema.json without actually implementing them yet (by setting gen=False).

For new devices, we could come up with a similar mechanism if that's desirable.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Paolo