On 06/07/2012 05:24 AM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

Hello, and thanks for reviewing this.

> This is not causing an actual issue while compiling libvirt, but
> __OPTIMIZE__ is not defined when using -O0, which causes a warning
> with -Wundef

Libvirt explicitly refuses to use -Wundef (see
m4/virt-compile-warnings.m4), since C99 guarantees that you can sanely
use an undefined macro as 0 in preprocessor evaluation.

> Using a #ifdef would be more correct:

Only if you care about -Wundef, which we don't.  But I agree that if
other projects are copying this trick to work around glibc's braindead
choice of making this warning verbose, then those projects may have to
consider this fact.

--
Eric Blake   ebl...@redhat.com    +1-919-301-3266