On 03/18/2013 06:40 PM, Osier Yang wrote:
On 2013年03月18日 17:10, Guannan Ren wrote:

The set of patches is trying to add 'startupPolicy' attribute support
to the source element of hard disks. Policy levels are using the
mandatory, requisite, optional levels as originally documented.

For the 'optional' policy, there is a little difference from CDROM and
Floppy which only drop its source path, for disks, if missing, the
checking function will drop their definitions, because qemu doesn't
allow missing source path for hard disk.

So, wondering why we need "startupPolicy" for disk not CD-ROM and
FLoppy, a disk not CD-ROM or Floppy with empty source doesn't make
sense,

Yes, so if the disk is inaccessible , I chose to drop its whole definition like
     virDomainDiskDefFree(disk);

Sometimes, the disk image file is the same inaccessible as CD-ROM image file.

and it should be prohibited even when parsing (we do this
indeed). Extending the "startupPolicy" to disk types like 'dir',
'block' makes sense though.