On 04/16/13 19:41, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 04:00:10PM +0200, Peter Krempa wrote:
This flag will allow to use qemu guest agent commands to disable
(offline) and enable (online) processors in a live guest that has the
guest agent running.

How do guest CPU offline/online state changes relate
to the offline/online state changes we have traditionally
done via the monitor.

ie if we offline a CPU with the guest agent, will then
now be visible in the state via the monitor ? And the
reverse ?

If you modify the guest state via agent it is not visible to the host (except for the VCPU not consuming cpu time).

If you hotplug/unplug cpus via the monitor, the cpu is added/removed to the guest and thus visible in the agent output.

Peter