I am sending this mail based on the below IRC discussion.

Apr 23 18:55:02 <deepakcs> Hi all, is there a way to just do a fsfreeze (and un-freeze) of VM usign virsh. I don't see any option today....

Apr 23 19:27:14 <deepakcs>      eblake, sorry was in a mtg..
Apr 23 19:28:03 <deepakcs> eblake, yeah.. i was wondering that it would be good to have freeze/un-freeze as supported virsh ops.. then it helps users exploit snapshot functionality provided by things like storage arrays (as an example) Apr 23 19:28:47 <eblake> well, as qemu continues to add more snapshot building blocks, it may make sense