On 05/24/2013 10:03 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 05/24/2013 03:21 AM, yangdongsheng wrote:
Hi,
[uggh; yet another victim of git's stupidity in using "In-reply-to:<y>"
if you answer the 'git send-email' question incorrectly - just hit enter
rather than filling in a response to that question]

Would you mind resending this as a top-level thread, so that it gets
properly threaded?  My mail client split 0/2 and 2/2 into an old series,
and 1/2 somewhere else.
:( Sorry to trouble you !
Of course I will do some fix for this patch and resend it.
     I found some confusion in display of commad *virsh vcpuinfo domname* .
There is no diffrence between a cpu offline and a cpu online but not be set
for the affinity of vcpu, both are '-'. But users will find the difference of
them
in using them for a same action (such as vcpupin) and be confused.
I'm a bit worried about backward compatibility; if there are existing
scripts that parse the output, will they be confused if we introduce a
third symbol?  Then again, offline host cpus are indeed a different
beast than cpus that the guest has been assigned to, so I think we can
make this change.
Thanx for your approvement.
So, I think we should show the cpu in different state with different symbol.

In this patchset, I introduce a symbol 'x' (maybe there is a better one :)) to
display
the cpu is offline on host.

Just like:
[root@yds-pc ~]# virsh vcpuinfo virt-tests-vm1
VCPU:           0
CPU:            0
State:          running
CPU time:       14.8s
CPU Affinity:   y-xy

yangdongsheng (2):
   tool/virsh-domain.c: Add a vshNodeGetCPUMap function to get cpumap of
     host.
   tool/virsh-domain.c: Fix the display of Affinity in function
     cmdVcpuinfo.