On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 09:04:00AM +0000, Исаев Виталий Анатольевич wrote:
> Dear developers!
>
> We are working on the project based on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation and
> Red Hat Identity Management. RHEV environment will be deployed in protected
> internal enterprise network. Now we are developing special admin tools in
> order to extend functionality of RHEL IdM and we faced with a rather
> difficult problem... The system should meet the increased demands of
> informational security, so what we are trying to implement is:
>

> 1.       Intercept the event of user's VM start on the RHEL Hypervisor;
>
> 2.       Suspend the VM;
>
> 3.       Mount VM's disk to Hypervisor (or some other VM, for instance,
> admin's VM);

If you care about security, *never* mounted guest filesystems on the
host OS, or any other important VM. You want to use a throwaway VM,
or better yet, use libguestfs

 http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#security-of-mounting-filesystems

> 4.       Check the integrity of the VM's system files (count md5sum etc.)
>
> 5.       Unmount disk;
>
> 6.       If verification is passed, start the VM, else - power off and
> disable VM till the decision of administrator.
>
> Is there any opportunity to implement this within the libvirt API?

Libvirt has hooks that are run prior to starting a VM

  http://libvirt.org/hooks.html

but you must not make any calls to libvirt from a hook, and hooks should
be very short scripts/fast to execute, since they are synchronous with
libvirt execution.

IMHO the scenario you describe is probably better implmeneted at the
RHEV level of the stack

Daniel