On 03/28/2014 01:49 PM, Doug Goldstein wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Cédric Bosdonnat <cbosdon...@suse.com> wrote:
>>
>> From: Cédric Bosdonnat <cedric.bosdon...@free.fr>
>>
>> pm-is-supported is the only thing needed in pm-utils, better get rid of
>> it since systemd is heavily used for libvirt.
>> ---
>> src/util/virnodesuspend.c | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------
>> 1 file changed, 20 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
>>

>> +    if (virFileReadAll("/sys/power/state", 1024, &buf) < 0)
>> +        goto cleanup;
>> +

>>     case VIR_NODE_SUSPEND_TARGET_MEM:
>> -        cmd = virCommandNewArgList("pm-is-supported", "--suspend", NULL);
>> +        *supported = canSuspend;

> While systemd is used for a number of things there are other platforms than
> Linux and there are Linux platforms that don't use systemd. Can't we just
> wrap this in if not systemd?

How long has the kernel been providing /sys/power/state and
/sys/power/disk?  It looks like pm-is-supported is just a shell script
that greps these two files - so it makes total sense to me to likewise
just search these files ourselves instead of going through a shell
script to do it on our behalf.  Thus, this patch is independent of
whether we use systemd, and more a case of avoiding a dependence on a
package for the use of a single shell script, especially for platforms
where systemd is taking over most other functionality in that package.