Hi,
I'm doing some work getting libvirt storage pools into OpenStack, as they
definitely
make certain operations much easier for the Nova libvirt driver.  However, one
thing
I noticed is that since storage pools automatically refresh on reboot, initial
creation
information gets lost.  This poses a problem, since libvirt probes for file
type for the
filesystem-based pools (dir, fs, netfs, etc), and can erroneously detect a RAW
file as
another file type (for instance, QCOW2).  Is there a reason libvirt doesn't
have an option
to persist (to disk) the unchanging parts of the volume XML?

Best Regards,
Solly Ross

P.S. we currently deal with a similar problem in OpenStack by saving the file
type to disk
the first time we use the image file.  However, it would be nice if libvirt
could handle
this for us, at some point, as it seems like it would be a good thing to have
in libvirt.