:-)) Not really a silly question. Let me say it this way: You currently
can't currently use the features with LWP. We just downloaded LWP 5.50 and at a
first glance the Crypt::SSLeay support seems to be poor. (Correct me if I am
wrong, perhaps I did not catch the clue) We are currently working on a patch
for LWP 5.50 to bring full support for the implemented features to LWP. I'll
let know as soon as it is available.

So far you can try LWP-HTTPS-PROXY-CERT-PATCH.tar.gz which can also be found
at http://www.progredy.de/download which offers clients cert support for
Crypt::SSLeay and integrates it into LWP. But this set of patches is based on a
whole set of outdated perlmodules, therefore I really can't recommend that
(e.g. Crypt::SSLeay 0.17, LWP 5.48).

The best thing seems so wait until further notice. The time frame is
currently the end of next week.
Regards,
Tobias

http://www.gmx.net