* Gisle Aas wrote:
>Bjoern Hoehrmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>>    RFC 2732 extends RFC 2396 to accept literal IPv6 addresses, does
>> URI.pm implement this RFC?
>
>No.
>
>$ perl -MURI -le 'print URI->new("http://[::192.9.5.5]/ipng";)'
>http://%5B::192.9.5.5%5D/ipng
>
>Is anybody using URIs of this form yet?

Operating systems just started to handle IPv6 (latest FreeBSD,
experimental update for Windows 2000, etc.) so using them isn't easy
yet, but several applications like Apache 2.0 or Apache Tomcat can
already handle such URIs.

>Is there agreement that following this proposal is a good thing?

Other specifications make use of (or at least reference) this RFC like
XML 1.0, XML Base, XML Schema, XML DSiG and the upcoming IRI Standards
Track, so I think yes, they agree that this is a good thing [tm].
--
Björn Höhrmann { mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] } http://www.bjoernsworld.de