Pavel Hlavnicka wrote:
Hi all,

I'm not 100% sure, this is the best place to announce my discovery, but it will find the right person here, I hope.

I met the significant memory leak in the Crypt::SSLeay, as I was using LWP HTTPS connection with the client certificate in PKCS12 format.

I will look at integrating this patch for the next release & will followup
with any question/testing/etc.

BTW. what about HTTPS connection timeouts? :) There are many questions about this and no good answers. From my point of view, this is a pretty though issue, preventing many users to design robust applications (mainly for automated machin-e to machine communications).

Crypt::SSLeay should honor timeouts set.  What it actually does is
use alarm() to alarm in $socket->timeout / 2... the reason is that
Net::SSL on the backend will actually try up to 3 different SSL version
connection (v23, v3, v2), so it leaves room for 2 such connection
attempts in the time in a kind of averaging.

Do you find that Crypt::SSLeay does not timeout well enough for
your application development needs?  If you are using LWP::UserAgent,
does $ua->timeout(15) not work well?

Regards,

Josh