Le mardi 25 mars 2003 à 14:21, Paul Marquess écrivait:

> Finally, I'm the author of Compress::Zlib, and I've been giving it a major
> overhaul over the last couple of months (I've been at it on-and-off for a
> few months because I don't have a lot of free time at the moment). One of my
> goals is to make it easier to use in the HTTP modules (automatically
> figuring out which of the two deflate implementations is used when doing a
> uncompress is already on my list), so if there are any specific requests,
> now would be a good time to feed them back to me.

Auto-detection would be nice indeed.

I am still at the beginning of the HTTP::Proxy project, but the
interesting part in it is the use of filter "stacks" to modify the
headers or bodys of the requests or responses. Having a deflate filter
would allow the proxy to request compressed responses, and
decrompress/filter/recompress, or simply decompress/filter if the client
doesn't support deflate (any flavour) but the origin server does.

Oh. I guess that LWP::UserAgent knows (or will know) better, and
probably uncompress the flow before passing it back to the script. I
have not yet spent enough time in the LWP sources, otherwise I would
know that. ;-) I've had a lot of good surprise while browsing the LWP
source code, after all.

After grepping a little in /usr/share/perl5, I found that
Net::HTTP::Methods works with deflate/gzip (and Compress::ZLib, what
a surprise), but LWP seems to use its own LWP::Protocol::* modules. I
suppose that means that LWP does not supports deflate/gzip?

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 When you run from your problem, you make it that much harder for good
 fortune to catch you, as well.     (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #14 (Epic))