Gilad Finkelstein wrote:
Hi,
My final goal is to run LWP over Crypt::SSLeay where the crypto operations
are done via a standard pkcs#11 engine supported in openssl 0.97
I am now modifying the submitted pkcs#11 openssl engine
(trustway-pkcs11-openssl-0.9.7.patch.gz) to accommodate any standard
SmartCard or crypto hardware via the pkcs#11 interface. I have looked in the code of Crypt::SSLeay and found no such support for
openssl engines (or am I wrong )

Crypt::SSLeay does not explicitly support any openssl engines, however that is not to say that it would not work with them or not. It uses the openssl APIs, so I imagine that since those APIs know how to use the engine, then it will all work together nicely.

To see for yourself, once you have the openssl engine done, try
to build & run Crypt::SSLeay against it.

Regards,

Josh