On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Terry wrote:

> I am using HTTP::WebTest to do site logon simulation.
> However, there are browser checks on some websites.
> For example, some require that the user-agent (client)
> supports frames, tables, and vbscript, is there a way
> to 'trick' the server into thinking my client can
> support these things?

Depends what you mean by 'some require that the user-agent... supports'.

If you mean they won't even send you the frames, javascript etc. (does
anybody still *require* VBScript?), then you probably just need to set the
User-Agent header to something like "Mozilla/5.0".

If you mean they do send you those things, but HTTP::WebTest doesn't know
how to handle them, obviously that's harder.  Ask about particular
problems you're having.

John