well the partial page truncation was a red herring.  the real problem ius
that *something* in my setup is translating the action of the form into
garbage.

the following code snippet will fail:

$agent->form(1);
$agent->submit();

because, unbeknownst to me, the action for that form happened to have the
phrase '&lang=FR' in it.  well apparently &lang has a special meaning, as
i can see from my request object that it has been encoded into an escape
sequence against my will =)

I have to manually set the action - to the exact same thing it is in the
html - but this work around works.

    my $form = $agent->current_form;
    my $uri =
URI->new("http://www.somesite.com/cgi-bin/app.w?city=FRA&lang=FR&currcode=EUR";);
    $form->action($uri);
    $form->method("POST");

any ideas what code is 'helping me out' by escape-coding '&lang'?  and how
do i turn it off?

--
gedanken