In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 31 Dec 2003,
   Ward Vandewege <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The latest LWP::Simple version (v1.38 from libwww-perl 5.76) does
> not understand 'location' with lower-case first letter either.

> The patch below (against v1.38) fixes LWP::Simple to accept a
> lowercase 'location' header.

> In the mindset of 'Be liberal in what you receive, and conservative
> in what you send', is this worth adding to libwww-perl?

Sounds like a good idea to me.  HTTP/1.1 actually specifies that
header field names are case-insensitive:

  4.2 Message Headers

   HTTP header fields, which include general-header (section 4.5),
   request-header (section 5.3), response-header (section 6.2), and
   entity-header (section 7.1) fields, follow the same generic format as
   that given in Section 3.1 of RFC 822 [9]. Each header field consists
   of a name followed by a colon (":") and the field value. Field names
   are case-insensitive. The field value MAY be preceded by any amount
   of LWS, though a single SP is preferred. Header fields can be
   extended over multiple lines by preceding each extra line with at
   least one SP or HT. Applications ought to follow "common form", where
   one is known or indicated, when generating HTTP constructs, since
   there might exist some implementations that fail to accept anything

-ccwf
--
Charles C. Fu                           ,--