On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, bzzt wrote:

 I'm trying to log on to this site (www.thecityvibe.com/forum/) with the
 followin script but doesn't seem to succeed. Anyone knows what the problem
 might be?

I dont have time to test this from command line, but heres one possible
head scratching solution.  I dont know why this works, but i have MANY
sites on which i have to do this.  Regular form submits silently fail,
usually reloading the same page i was just on.  when i do this trivial
(but explicit) change, they work.

basically i manually set the form action... to the same thing it was
already set to.  and voila, stuff starts working.   Ill edit your version
below to show you what i mean.

if that doesnt work, try using a click() instead of a submit().

matt

 #!/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.6/bin/perl -w
 use warnings;
 use strict;
 use WWW::Mechanize;
 my $agent = WWW::Mechanize->new();

 $agent->get('http://www.thecityvibe.com/forum/');
 die "Can't even get the home page: ", $agent->response->status_line
  unless $agent->success;

 # form isnt playing nice for unknown reasons
 # so we manually set action to whatever it already was
 my $form = $agent->current_form();
 my $uri =
URI->new("http://www.thecityvibe.com/whatevertheformactionwas";);
 $form->action($uri);