Le samedi 24 janvier 2004 ā 18:31, Andreas König écrivait:

>   > HTTPS_PROXY=http://localhost:8080/ lwp-request https://www.example.com/
>
> Out of curiosity I tried exactly this on my machine (where I have no proxy running)
> and see:
>
>   % HTTPS_PROXY=http://localhost:8080/ lwp-request -deSs https://www.example.com/
>   GET https://www.example.com/ --> 500 Can't connect to localhost:8080 (Timeout)
>   Client-Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:28:47 GMT
>
> Apparently lwp tries to use the proxy. Maybe you try to turn off your
> proxy and reconsider your debugging strategy?

Yes it does. When using the CONNECT method in a Request, LWP::UA returns
a response object holding the headers of the proxy response, and the
established TCP connection as $response->{client_socket}.

I'm stuck now, because I'd like to continue using LWP::UA on this
encrypted socket, but I haven't yet understood how to do it.

It's not for debugging, by the way. HTTP::Proxy now supports the CONNECT
method (although not in a 'man-in-the-middle' fashion (but it's on the
TODO list)) and I would like to add a few tests fot this feature before
I release version 0.13 on CPAN.

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 All life affects us... even that which is far from our gaze.