I am using the LPW::USERAGENT module to grab a website and obtain information. The Program i have created works without a proxy server but I want it to work behind a proxy server where you have to enter a passwd and username to get out to the real world websites.

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
$ua->proxy(['http', 'ftp'], 'http://proxyserver name and port/');

$url= 'http://www.perl.com';

$request = HTTP::Request->new('GET',$url);

It works when it is not behind a proxy but when i had the $ua->proxy part, i get an authentication required response msg. i think i might need to enter a user and passwd. what would be the syntax to do that.

Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/