Le dimanche 14 mars 2004 à 21:18, Andy Lester écrivait:
> I'm about to make WWW::Mechanize based on LWP::RobotUA instead of
> LWP::UserAgent.
>
> Anyone got a problem with that?  Who will I goof up?

Probably all those who use Mech to (kind of) stress-test their servers
and apps? LWP::RobotUA is "a class for well-behaved robots", which some
WWW::Mechanize robots probably are not, on purpose.

Maybe the RobotUA behaviour (looking for /robots.txt) could be the default
for Mech robots. But I think several Mech users would like this behaviour
to be configurable.

    # by default (nice => 1) the bot would be a subclass of LWP::RobotUA
    my bot = WWW::Mechanize->new( nice => 0 );    # don't be nice

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 The emptier the brain is of facts, the easier it is to fill with nonsense.