John J Lee wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Tim Brody wrote:

Besides that, OpenURL is
likely to become the standard method of linking within the multi-billion
dollar scholarly publishing industry:
http://www.crossref.org/02publishers/16openurl.html

[...]

Oh joy.

racket-is-a-more-accurate-word-than-industry-ly y'rs

There's gold in 'dem hills ;-)

Fortunately the OpenURL standard will have to be commercially unencumbered to be NISO accredited, so while it's somewhat focused towards the structure of the commercial sector it is a generic tool.

It's a big playground, and hopefully if we're all talking the same language it might make the market a bit more open.

But anyway, paging URI maintainer(s), respond please!
(Can I invade URI::openurl, or can we shift this module into the URI distro.?)

Regards,
Tim.