From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 6:25 AM
To: 'Darrell Gammill'; 'Gisle Aas'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: :mechanize issues/mechanize.pm dies!!

aha!!!

so my 1st real attempt at using new mods in perl.. and i stumble on a
bug!!!.. cool... i'll make the patch.. and try to use www::mechanize...

i do have an additional problem/issue/question. i have a small situation
where i'm trying to get the text for the "parent"/top item...

i'm trying to use html::treebuilder as the parsing app...

the html is:
   .
   .
   .
        "ACCA  310F "
          "FOUNDATIONS OF ACCOUNTING"
      " A A "
      <b> @0.1.1.0.0.0.2.1.0.0.0.3.1.0.0.2
   .
   .
   .

i'm trying to figure out how to access/print "ACC 310F" as a separate
element...

using:
@span_tree = $tbtx_tree[0]->look_down("_tag"=>"span");
print "tree span = ". $span_tree[0]->parent()->dump() ."\n";

generates:
        "ACCA  310F "
          "FOUNDATIONS OF ACCOUNTING"

i appear to be having an issue with my approach given that both tags are
"spans".. any way to separate them...

i can get the "FOUNDATIONS..." by simply looking at $span_tree[1]...., but
$span_tree[0] appears to contain both spans.. any way to separate them...

any ideas/comments/criticisms/etc.. would be appreciated...

thanks

-bruce