bruce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> i have a simple/quirky question. i have a url -->
> http://www.acs.rutgers.edu:8880/pls/sc_p/sc_display.select_maj
> or. i can get
> to this page by doing a submit from
> ==>http://clue.rutgers.edu:8880/sc_pn/plsql/sc_display.main.
>
> however, when i try to simply use libwww or one of the other
> perl packages to access the "select_major" page, i fail to
> get it. just as a test, i copied the url from one browser
> window to another, and the 2nd broswer couldn't access the page...
>
> can someone shed some light into what might be happening/going on..??
>
> i suspect that there's some kind of redirection/session
> function in the background... i also tried enabling/disabling
> cookies with no difference in behavior...
>
> thanks...
>
> -bruce

Ah, but it does work if you provide values for the
fields:

http://www.acs.rutgers.edu:8880/pls/sc_p/sc_display.select_major?p_campus=NB
&p_level=U&p_yearterm=20047

So, I would guess that the script is checking for
the existence (and maybe even validate values)
of the fields before attempting to pass them on
to another page. I am not too confident of this guess
though without knowing the code and just basing this
off of observed behavior. The good news is that the
"extended" URL that I have above illustrates that a
"GET" method will work. Hopefully this will help in
your sleuthing.

--
Mike Arms