[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello --

I'm trying to locate, download, and install Crypt::SSLeay on my Windows XP workstation which has Perl v5.6.1 installed. I tried:

ppm> install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

and got the message:

Could not locate a PPD file for package Crypt-SSLeay

There's a file called Crypt-SSLeay.ppd  in Perl/site/lib/ppm-conf and it contains the
following text string:

OpenSSL glue that provides LWP https support Joshua Chamas <josh (at) chamas dot com> install_ssl

Please advise what I am doing wrong. Thank you.

To get the compiled version of perl that includes Crypt::SSLeay, you can try one of the mod_perl downloads which contains a perl with Crypt::SSLeay:

  http://perl.apache.org/download/binaries.html

and if you can't find the right thing there, you might also try:

  http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/

but be sure to read the README there first to make sure you know
what you are downloading.

Regards,

Josh
Josh Chamas, Founder    | NodeWorks - http://www.nodeworks.com