Juan asked me to forward this to this list.  (just this once, Juan; get
yourself a free email account to post from -- eg. fastmail.fm)

John

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:27:18 GMT
From: JUANMARCOSMOREN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: John J Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Cookie2: $Version="1" by default?

Could you post this message to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ?
I did not post there in the firt place because perl.org has changed its
policy to not allow mails from terra.es:
> Recipient: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Reason:    Mail from terra.es rejected because it does not accept bounces. This
> violates RFC 821/2505/2821 http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/

--8<--

Why Cookie2: $Version="1" is still sent by default by LWP?
No browser sends that header by default, neither MSIE, Mozilla nor Konqueror.

I suggest to remove it (at least by default).
I find much more useful to make LWP masquerade as MSIE instead
following an RFC nobody follows.

Could people on this list at least express their feelings about this
subject? Do you want something that works or just something that
follows an RFC nobody follows.

Making LWP more MSIE complaint will make it more useful for everyone.

Juan