Mattias Holmlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> declared:

> On mån, 2004-10-04 at 23:14, Ofer Nave wrote:
>
> Yes, that was suggested by Randal L. Schwartz as well. The reason I
> didn't do that is that I think that you want to have the BasePath as a
> user-configurable parameter. This parameter should probably be loaded
> from a configuration file and then you have to defer the loading of
> HTTP::TransparentCache until after you've loaded the configuration
> file. Calling init() explicitly seemed to involve less "magic" and
> would work more like a normal perl module.
>
> /Mattias

I think you could do it to work both ways. You could make the module to
allow specifying the temp path in the "use" line, and also let it allow
specifying it using an init method.

Some people might prefer a unique temp path for all their code and might
like one way, while others might prefer specifying it separately for each
project or perl program, and they might like the other one.

Teddy