On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> Why does WWW::Mechanize get directed to cookieerror.htm?

Beats me too.  I get the same problem with this site using Python's
urllib2 &c.  I tried near-identical headers to Firefox, and got the error
page.

Another guess: Sounds odd, I know, but I wonder if IIS/ASP.NET is
insisting on a persistent connection?  I haven't tested that theory, but I
do notice that neither Lynx, nor Python/urllib2, nor libwww-perl (IIRC on
the latter) use persistent connections, and all fail; Firefox does, and
succeeds.

[...]
> I tried to establish a session with the server using IO::Socket::SSL
> using the example from the POD. You can see the code at the following
> URI:
[...]

Dropping back to a low level is obviously the right plan of attack, but I
can't help with the Perl code...

John