Hi all,

I've completed this using regular expressions parsing out arbitrary data
between HTML tag, however I found a much more efficient route with the
HTML::TableExtract module which looks like it can very well shorten my code
and make it more manageable.  I'm able to parse out the entire table with
the following code:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w -t
# Development grounds for using HTML::TableExtract for songsearch.pl

use HTML::TableExtract;
use strict;

my $html = 'latest_rel.htm';

my $te = HTML::TableExtract->new( attribs => { border => 1 } );
$te->parse_file($html);

foreach my $ts ($te->tables) {
        foreach my $row ($ts->rows) {
                print "   ", join(',' , @$row), "\n";
        }
}

However, now I want to extract only the second column from this table (It
just consists of several rows with three columns).

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have a great holiday weekend.

--
Steve Finkelstein
[EMAIL PROTECTED]