"Wilson Snyder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm using libwww-perl-5.805.tar.gz.
>
> Running code like this to get a page:
>
>     use WWW::Mechanize;
>     our $Mech = WWW::Mechanize->new();
>     #$Mech->get("https://library.minlib.net:443/patroninfo/";);
>
> Returns a "500 Can't read entity body: " error.

It doesn't fail when I tried it (even after uncommenting the get
line).  I used Crypt::SSLeay; what SSL module did you use?

> This is because the read_entity_body loop can't cope with a multi sysread
> where the last packet returned is the EOF alone.

I don't understand this.  What is the sequence of sysread returns in
this case?  EOF is different from a failed read.

> It's the first time I've poked in this code, so this may be off, but one
> possible patch that fixes it is below.

The loop in LWP::Protocol::http is correct so I will not patch it.
The error is at a different level; either in read_entity_body() or
in the SSL module.

Regards,
Gisle