From: Saju [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 7:36 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; 'libwww@perl.org'
Subject: RE: [Crypt::SSLeay] Compile problems on Solaris

Thanks.  Read about the fix to SSLeay.xs before I got your reply.  Added
SSL_library_init() at line #125.  That change resolved the 'make test'
failure; now both tests work and the install phase completes too.

But I'm not able to successfully complete a SSL handshake for a https
session using Crypt::SSLeay. The other Perl module that I installed is
IO::Socket::SSL.  The odd thing is if I remove the Perl module Crypt::SSLeay
with ppm (Perl Package Manager part of the Perl distribution from Active
State) the https connection is made and everything works fine but it does
not appear to be validating the X509 certificate it is sent from the server
with the CA certificate. In our Perl script we setup the environment
variable HTTPS_CA_FILE and it points to a self-signed X509 certificate file.
The same self-signed certificate file and it's private key is used on the
Server side.  This method seems to work perfectly well on a Windows box
using the SSLeay.DLL but is causing a SSL negotiation failure on our Sun
machine.   Thoughts... Is there anyway I can trace the handshake to see
where it might be failing.
Thanks & Regards,
Saju Panikulam