On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 08:11:54PM +0100, Gisle Aas wrote:
> >It would be handy to have a charset method.
>
> Noted.

Also for the wish list:

It would be nice if the uncompressing was separate from the decoding
the charset.

I'm spidering and then piping the output to another program.  So, I
need to get the uncompressed and decoded content into the spider for
processing (and extracting links).  That's where

    $response->decoded_content;

comes in handy.

But, I also need to print the content back out.  The content
needs to be re-encoded at this point.

I have two choices for encoding the output: one is to re-encode into
the original charset (hence $response->charset would be handy), or I
could always output utf8, but then I'd need to replace the charset in
any http-equiv meta tags to reflect the utf8 encoding.

And if uncompressing was a separate method from decodings I could just

    print $response->uncoompressed_content;

and print the content uncompressed, but still encoded in the original
encoding.

--
Bill Moseley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]