HI ,

I want to use the libwww-perl on intel xscale platform. But it occur the
error: segmentation fault.

the program is simple and it can run very smoothly on the PC(x86
architecture , linux-2.4)

I think the reason possible is that the big-endian or little-endian. As
all we know x86 architecture is little-endian

But our work platform is intel xscale architecture platform which is
big-endian.

I don't know whether the libwww-perl support the big-endian. And is
possible for us to Port the libwww-perl to our

Intel xscale architecture platform which also use the Linux.(montavista
Linux)

Our test program is :

        #!/usr/local/bin/perl

        use  LWP::UserAgent;

        my $browser=LWP::UserAgent->new;

        my $url=$ARGV[0];

        my $response=$browser->get($url);

        die "can't get $url --",$response->status_line

                unless $response->is_success;

        die "hi i want html not ",$response->content_type

                unless $response->content_type eq 'text/html';

         (open(OUTFILE ,">html"))||  die ("could't open the file\n");

        print  OUTFILE ($response->content);

we just want to scratch a webpage.

And the output is that :

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0xfd920 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/arm-linux/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 5.

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0xfdab8 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/vars.pmline 3.

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x117ae0 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/warnings.pm line 134.

Segmentation fault

I am looking forward for you replying

Thank you

Wu Liu