On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Hal Vaughan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've never seen this before so it could be I'm outdated, but I'm reading a
> page that has two submit buttons in one form.  Here's the code for both of
> them:
>
> <input type="submit" name="caseSearch" value="Search" onclick="return
>        validateCaseNumber();" class="payBox">
> <input type="submit" name="paymentCaseSearch" value="Search To Pay"
>        class="payBox longBox">
>
> I've used Wireshark and Firefox to track the POST data that is sent out when
> POSTing this form back to the server.  When I click on the caseSearch
> submit button in Firefox, it includes the value pair "caseSearch=Search" in
> the POST data that goes back to the server.
>
> When I use WWW::Mech to submit, that is not sent as POST data.  I've tried
> to force it by setting the value to Search, but it was already at that
> value and it's not included.

I think you need to demonstrate the problem with some runnable sample
code.  When I test it here it seems to do the right thing:

#!perl -w
use strict;
use HTML::Form;

my $f = HTML::Form->parse(<<'EOT', "http://example.com";);
<form method="POST">

<input type="submit" name="caseSearch" value="Search" onclick="return
       validateCaseNumber();" class="payBox">
<input type="submit" name="paymentCaseSearch" value="Search To Pay"
       class="payBox longBox">

</form>
EOT

#$f->dump;
print $f->click("caseSearch")->as_string;
__END__

When I run this program it prints:

POST http://example.com

caseSearch=Search