On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 11:46, Alex Kapranoff <k...@nadoby.ru> wrote:
> Oh, I see. I suppose this can break old scripts that expect 8 bit characters
> without UTF-8 flag come through unaltered.

They would then have to set $form->accept_charset("latin-1") as a
workaround.  I think that's acceptable.  I would hate to make this the
default for backwards compatiblity.

We should also find a way to propagate the original charset of the
HTML document that's parsed.  This should the be the default
accept_charset(), what you get when the attribute is still 'UNKNOWN'.
For the HTML::Form->parse($response) case this should happen
automatically.

--Gisle