On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Karl Fogel <kfo...@red-bean.com> wrote:
> I'm posting this on behalf of Alex Siegal, who is CC'd, because he's
> having trouble posting to our list (the posts disappear, never even end
> up in the moderation queue -- we'll take it up separately with the
> infrastructure crew).  Alex writes:
>
>>I would like to use the Frameworx license.  What, if any, modifications
>>am I permitted to make and still be distributing source code pursuant
>>to the approved Open Source Frameworx license?  For example, can I
>>change "The Frameworx Company" to the name of my company?  Also, there
>>are typo's and incorrect cross references in the license.  Am I
>>permitted to modify those so they are correct?
>
> Please keep Alex CC'd on all discussion.  I'm not sure how he'll post
> back, but we'll find a way to make it work until we understand why his
> mails are disappearing.

Hi, Alex-

As a general point, we would recommend using other, better drafted
licenses as the best way to avoid this problem. That having been said,
I hope the discussion will focus on a good-faith attempt to answer
your question.

I don't think we've ever had formal policies on any of these
questions, but I welcome correction/clarification from those with
older historical memories.

Fixing typos and incorrect cross references has always been done in
various ways, so I don't think that's objectionable, and in fact, I
wouldn't object to updating the version on the website (assuming the
changes are truly not substantive).

The other changes... I'm really not sure. Others want to weigh in?

Luis