> On Nov 7, 2017, at 12:09 PM, Shahar Or <mightyiamprese...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have been asked to change the license of an open source project of mine to
> CC0. I'm reluctant to do so, as it is not OSI approved.

That’s a reasonable concern, imho.

> https://github.com/mightyiam/shields-badge-data/issues/28
>
> Is there good reason for this request, at all?

There’s no technical reason.  Not permitting incorporation of permissively
licensed code (eg MIT) predominantly means throwing away attribution.

> I mean, can they not otherwise depend on my software, if their software is
> CC0 licensed?

If your code used a license that applied to combined works (eg GPL), there’d be
an issue.

> When I conveyed my reluctance it was suggested that I dual-license.

With CC0, I would suggest striking the patent provision or incorporating a
patent grant from contributors in some manner.  Dual licensing with a
permissive is an option too.

Cheers!
Sean