On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 10:17:46PM +0200, QnD [Joachim Staib] wrote:
> I also had these thoughts and maybe have an idea how to cope with this
> problem. Maybe one could use string identifiers (just as the event system
> does). This would be somehow the following way:
> An event object has some common fields, something like
> struct LicqEvent
> {
> ulong id, ppid;
> time_t time;
> user_ident user_identifier;
> char* message/comment;
> };
> and also a field for extended variables, which is organized as another
> object. to access a field one could maybe do:
> LicqEvent->extra->getString("special string variable");
> or
> LicqEvent->extra->getULong("special ulong variable");

This does sound like a good idea and I will work on expanding on it and
putting it in the Wiki today. That way if there is any need for more
discussion, we can talk about it tomorrow night at the meeting.

Jon

Jon Keating                ICQ: 16325723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.licq.org        GPG: 2290A71F
http://www.thejon.org      HOME: Minamiashigara, Japan