Hi all,

Continuing the work of rewriting the old CBuffer I have created CTlvBuffer to
implement TLV functions. It uses the new CBuffer internally. I think it is a
complete replacement for the old class, but please take a look and tell me
what you think.[1] It's proably a bit rough at the edges...

Also at [1] is an updated CBuffer and some unit tests.

For reference:[2]
TLV - Type Length Value. A tuple allowing typed opaque information to be
passed through the protocol. Typically TLV's are intended for interpretation
at the core layer. Being typed, new elements can be added w/o modifying the
lower layers.

A question about coding style and acronyms:
Should TLV be written as TLV or follow normal naming rules (TlvClass,
tlvFunction)? I opted for the second option since I think that the advantage
of never having to stop and think if an author consider, for example TLV, to
be an acronym or not outweights any advantages the first option has. (The
only one I can think of is that TLV looks better than Tlv.) But what do you
think?

// Erik

[1] - http://svn.ejohansson.se/viewvc/src/misc/licq/
[2] - http://www.aim.aol.com/javadev/terminology.html

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.

Erik Johansson
http://ejohansson.se