On Tuesday 14 January 2003 21:07, Rico Facionado wrote:
> --- Tobias Weisserth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > qt-gui and kde3 docking:
> > I want licq to dock using an icon in KDE3. I looked at the licq
> > webpage but
> > I don't know how to pass the "--with-kde" option to licq. The qt-gui
> > plugin
> > is already loaded when I start licq but when I enable docking I only
> > get an
> > ugly big icon (or Window Maker applet) floating immovable in the
> > upper left
> > corner.
>
> You must be referring to the following from the FAQ:
> "KDE
> 4. Configure the qt-gui plugin with --with-kde and then licq will dock
> in Kicker.
> 5. Start LICQ and there it goes!"
>
> I don't use KDE but I believe the above is meant for when you compile
> the qt-gui plugin from source. Which would be:
> 1) ./configure --prefix=<some dir> --with-kde
> 2) make
> 3) make install

Yes, that's the way it goes.
Afterwards once start licq like this: "licq -p kde-gui" to launch the
kde-plugin.

> > (../plugins/qt-gui/docs/). The installation is divided across
> > different
> > directories (/usr/lib/licq, /usr/local/licq, ...).
> > Can somebody help me with this mess?
>
> weird. I use Redhat. The Suse folks send stuffs to /usr/local ?

They don't.
It's me who is cooking the (unofficial) SuSE rpms, and things are located in
/usr/local.
I guess he has somehow mixed up the original RPM provided by suse and the one
provided by me. Suse puts their own stuff in /usr.

In such a case it will help to first remove my RPM "rpm -e licq", then install
the suse-provided rpm, remove the suse-rpm again, and again installing mine
afterwards. sounds a bit odd, but will cleanup the mix :)

Thomas